What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, February 21, 2015

Dylan George Jackson


A bit of an odd footnote in the Dylan catalog.  Black Panther George Jackson was killed in prison.  Dylan rushed into the studio to record a 'protest song' about the incident.  

It was not a big hit.  It didn't get a lot of airplay which might be due to the line 'He didn't take shit from no one.' 

Strangely enough, it doesn't show up on Dylan rarities compilations such as Biograph or Greatest Hits Volume II.  In contrast, the other Dylan single from that year 'Watching the River Flow' seems to pop up on most of them.

Bob Dylan - George Jackson (Acoustic Version) b/w George Jackson (Big Band Version)   (Columbia 1971)




No comments:

Post a Comment