What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, April 21, 2016

This Is What It Sounds Like When Doves Cry

RIP Prince Rogers Nelson, a rare artist that followed his own muse until the end.



What we have here is the pre-album single from Purple Rain, an album that would catapult Prince into the mainstream for a spell.

When Doves Cry b/w 17 Days (the rain will come down, they U will have 2 choose.  If you believe, look 2 the dawn and you should never lose.)  (Warner Brothers 1984)

Yes, that non-LP B-Side title is a mouthful.  The A side features Prince playing all instruments.  The B side is the recorded debut of his first backing band, The Revolution.




Comes with a pretty snazzy custom label too, not very common at the time for 45's,





Probably be having more Prince related posts in the coming days.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment