What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, September 9, 2017

A Thrift Store Find I Want to Tell the World About......

Seldom do  I - OK Occasionally do I - OK often do I-   Scream about some incredible bargain I got at Thrift Store.  Be it the first Modern Lovers album for 99 cents or some Elvis picture sleeves for a quarter I sold for over $100 each, whatever.

Yesterday I came across these....

A pair of Kenwood JL - 601 floor speakers marked at $9.99 each.   


The cones looked good.  The cabinets were a little beat up.  For that price, I could paint them with primer and be happy.

I didn't really need speakers.  I have a freshly re-coned set of RSL studio monitors on my main setup.  Upstairs in my office/record room I'm running a Technics SL-D2 through a Kenwood receiver through some Sony bookshelf speakers.    These would be too big for the room, but what the hell, they're less than an overpriced beer at a fancy ass concert venue.

So pounce I did.  The clerk insisted it was $9.99 for THE PAIR.    Not wanting to swindle a charity, I questioned it.  They insisted this was the case.  I didn't argue much further.   I did, however, insist on getting the over 55 discount.  

Bottom line, I have a pair of speakers too big for the room - but great sounding.  I'm listening to The Ventures Play Telstar at extreme volume right now.

When my last kid moves out and we turn her bedroom into a media room, these will do quite nicely.




No comments:

Post a Comment