What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Glitterhouse

I came across this in a thrift store.  I don't remember where or when.  I'm always game for obscure psych records.  I'm not surprised I bought it, but I just don't remember the details.  It probably entered the collection with a stack of others.  

 I rediscovered it when refiling a Gong record.   I gave it a clean and a spin.  Wow!

The Glitterhouse - Color Blind (Dynovoice 1968)

The sound is somewhat close to early Procol Harum.   Their genesis is from Long Island  - not really known for its contribution to the genre.  They were managed by Bob Crewe - the man behind The Four Seasons.  They were on a subsidiary of Dot Records which boasted Pat Boone on their roster.  All things against this album having legs.   


The band is probably best known for providing the soundtrack to Roger Vadim's Barbarella with Jane Fonda.  To the best of my knowledge, this is their only album.



No comments:

Post a Comment