What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Yet Another Thing I Once Believed That I Now Know Not to Be True - The Rolling Stones


Myth:  The cover shot of The Rolling Stones - High Tide and Green Grass Big Hits Volume 1 was shot in some idyllic English garden.  At least that's what I always thought growing up.




Reality:  It was shot in Franklin Canyon Park just behind the Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles.  Just a few miles from where they recorded at RCA near Sunset and Vine.




Franklin Canyon is pretty much at the geographic center of Los Angeles.  Other noteworthy uses include the opening credits of The Andy Griffith Show and the hitchhiking scene in 'It Happened One Night'

Here's a link to the Wikipedia Page

Franklin Canyon Park


The photo session sourced a few Rolling Stones picture sleeves from the era as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment