What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, September 6, 2015

I Found What I Wanted


Religious records are always fun to look through at the Thrift Store.  I came across this one in Burbank, CA one day.  I guess....

I Found What I Wanted - Bob Daniels (Sacred 1960)




Who knows what he wanted.  Could it be the Metallica tickets?  Someone put a $20 bill in the book? Pressed flowers?   Rolling papers?   Tickee for Laundry?  Who knows.  My dad was a stamp collector and for many years we would find stamps placed in our family encyclopedia for un-curling.  (My family tended to look in the encyclopedia for answers rather than The Bible).

I would venture to guess that it's some obscure bible verse that supports a twisted societal view.  That's why it took him so long to yell huckle-buckle-beanstalk.

This record is magical.  Check out the promises on the back.




This record claims it.....

  • Provides Tranquility at Eventide
  • Starts Your Day with Happiness
  • Brings Joy to Lonely Hearts
  • Helps Youth Appreciate Good Music
  • Increases Office Efficiency
  • Lightens the Day for the Hospitalized


And most importantly....
  • Keeps Romance Alive in the Home

That's right folks, this is a schtup record.   Move over Barry White.


Incidentally, this record comes from Whittier, California.  The town of my birth.  





No comments:

Post a Comment