What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, July 13, 2020

Love


One of the great under appreciated (at least by the mainstream) bands to come out of the Los Angeles scene in the '60's.

Love (Elektra 1967)

Their first album.


The band was integrated.  A true oddity at the time.   They were signed to Elektra at the same time as The Doors.   Led by the charismatic Arthur Lee.  His refusal to tour nationally probably contributed to their obscurity.    



This lineup made two more albums, including the classic Forever Changes LP

My copy is in glorious mono and comes with the original company inner sleeve.



No comments:

Post a Comment