What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, March 9, 2019

Echo and the Bunnymen - It's All Live Now

I've always said you can tell where a band came from by the songs they cover live.  Here's a band I've always loved with an album of covers from their live sets of yore.

Echo and the Bunnymen - It's All Live Now (Runout Groove 2018)

Recorded in the '80's on one of their last tours.  The cover is so glossy I couldn't get a good photo without reflective glare. 



Lots of energy here with covers of The Rolling Stones, The Modern Lovers, The Velvet Underground, Television, The Doors and Bob Dylan.   There's even '60's garage band one hit wonder The Litter covered here.   Echo and the Bunnymen had pieces of all them.  One of the only post punk bands from that era that I really liked.






The runout groove recreates the two version of their label, Korova.  Korova, for those who are unaware, is the drug infused milk consumed in A Clockwork Orange.  Hence the cow.





No comments:

Post a Comment