What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, March 6, 2019

RIP Series - Lorna Doom

A little belated on this one.   A few weeks ago, we lost Lorna Doom, the bass player for LA Punk band The Germs.   I have a few of their early 45's.  This is the first.

The Germs - Forming b/w The Germs Live (What? Records 1977)

I mean no disrespect for anyone who tries to start a band on their own from nothing, but The Germs were pretty awful.  I saw them live more than once.   Apologies to Ms. Doom.



Singer Darby Crash (known as Bobby Pyn on this release) went for a 'died young' headline by purposely taking a lethal heroin dose.  Unfortunately it was the same night John Lennon got shot.  As you can imagine (no pun intended) Darby's attempt at fame barely had any press coverage.



The guitar player, by the way, went on to join Nirvana and is currently a member of The Foo Fighters.




No comments:

Post a Comment