What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, September 8, 2019

One Year When the Academy Awards Got It Wrong - 1979

The Grammy's historically 'got it wrong' so many times that it's not worth mentioning.   With the exception of Kevin Costner's  hideous 'Dances With Wolves' and the insipid 'racism bad' geographically incorrect epic 'Crash' winning Best Picture, the Academy Awards have fared better throughout the years.

But in 1979, this should have won Best Song.   

The Ramones - Rock 'N' Roll High School b/w Do You Wanna Dance (Live Version) (Sire 1979)


The theme song to the movie of the same name.  A song which integrates with the plot rather than something tacked on the ending credits as Oscar bait. 



What won that year you ask? 

"It Goes Like It Goes" from Norma Rae – Music by David Shire; Lyrics by Norman Gimbeldouble-dagger

Remember any of these?  I don't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment