What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, August 24, 2019

Daddy's Workshop

They don't fall too far from the tree.  My kids love vinyl.  I couldn't bear for them to get a Crossley or something equally hideous.  

I'm a fan of the Technics SL-D2.  I have two in service at the house.  They're easy to work on and repair if needed.  Great little workhorses.  Knowing they'd break down at some point (hasn't happened yet) I began buying beat up ones for parts.

Cut to the kids.  My oldest moved out on her own a few years ago and wanted to get into vinyl.  Rather than have her spend too much money on something not as good, I committed to build her an SL-D2 from spare parts.  Success.

Now the youngest is moving out and would like to do the same.  I succeeded in building another one for parts.   It's now spinning in Daddy's Test Kitchen as I type.

Below is a photo of Daddy's Workshop.



Upper left is one I have in service.  Top right is the one recently built for kid #2 going through some tests.  Scattered about on lower right are the doner turntables.  Thank you for your service.

If I could come back from the dead, I'd love to watch the kids fight over the vinyl collections.




No comments:

Post a Comment