What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, March 20, 2020

Elastic Oz Band


In 1971, UK underground magazine Oz faced an obscenity trial for publishing a cartoon that would be considered mild today.  John Lennon, being the activist that he was, put out this single to fund their defense.

Elastic Oz Band - God Save Us/Do the Oz (Apple 1971)

Originally written as God Save Oz, the the title was changed to God Save Us as it was felt the US would have no idea what they were talking about.   Lennon didn't sing it as it would have competed with his Power to the People release.   It did not chart.  





No comments:

Post a Comment