What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, May 17, 2021

We're All DEVO

They came from Ohio. They played in Los Angeles at the dawn of the west coast punk scene.  Iggy Pop saw them at the Whisky.  He took David Bowie to a gig. Their first album ended up being produced by Brian Eno.  

Prior to the first album, they released two DIY singles.  This is the first one.

DEVO - Jocko Homo b/w Mongoloid (Boojie Boy 1977)

Formed by two sets of brothers from Ohio.  At least one of them an art student at Kent State in 1970.  They came to the scene armed with the philosophy that man was de-evolving.  This was evident in 1977.  It's even more evident now.  A Kardashian for governor of California anyone?   It might happen soon.









I saw them several times early on.  At clubs, at the Long Beach Arena.  In later days at a party for the Rugrats producers and at their final (I think) gig at the Burger Boogaloo in Oakland.

We're all DEVO


No comments:

Post a Comment