What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, May 3, 2021

The Residents Present The Third Reich and Roll

They were mysterious.  Nobody knew who they were or what they were doing.   They came from San Francisco.  They put out some of the oddest records of the 70's and 80's.

It's......

Residents.   Below is their third album

The Residents Present the Third Reich and Roll (Ralph 1976)



What we have here is one of the first 'mash-up' records.   Parts of one song are fused with parts of others.  Some sound familiar.  Some will need a degree in music theory to recognize the source.



I, for one, am particularly taken in by the Woo-Hoo portion of Sympathy for the Devil played over the outro chords to Hey Jude.

  1. Let's Twist Again" (German version—sampled)
  2. "Land of a Thousand Dances"
  3. "Hanky Panky"
  4. "A Horse with No Name"
  5. "Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love)
  6. "The Letter"
  7. "Psychotic Reaction"
  8. "Little Girl"
  9. "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" (sung in German)
  10. "Talk Talk" (The Music Machine)
  11. "I Want Candy"
  12. "To Sir, with Love"
  13. "Telstar"
  14. "Wipe Out"
  15. "Heroes and Villains"

Hitler Was a Vegetarian[edit]

Recorded in 1975.[2]
  1. "Judy in Disguise (With Glasses)"
  2. "96 Tears"
  3. "It's My Party"
  4. "Light My Fire"
  5. "Ballad of the Green Berets"
  6. "Yummy Yummy Yummy"
  7. "Rock Around the Clock"
  8. "Pushin' Too Hard"
  9. "Good Lovin'"
  10. "Gloria"
  11. "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"
  12. "Sunshine of Your Love"
  13. "Hey Jude"
  14. "Sympathy for the Devil"


No comments:

Post a Comment