What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, May 10, 2021

RIP Series: Ivan Kral

Since I haven't posted for quite some time, there are quite a few musicians who passed on.  Some are household names.  Some are unheralded side men who deserve some mention.    One such side man is Ivan Kral  - lead guitarist for the original Patti Smith Group.

So here's Patti's first album to commemorate Ivan.

Patti Smith - Horses (Arista 1975)

 I got this at time of release - note the white 'Horses' 

 


Even though the record was credited to Patti alone, she truly treated this as a band release.  The musicians are prominently featured on the back cover.  These four stayed with her until Patti's semi-retirement to be a mom after marrying Fred Smith from the MC5.





Early blue Arista Label in company sleeve.




No comments:

Post a Comment