What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sinatra Likes to Watch

Ah, young love.  Who better than Frank Sinatra to release an album of dance music for young lovers.

Frank Sinatra  - Songs for Swingin' Lovers  (Capitol 1956)

Sinatra was a pioneer of the concept album.   Rather than release records with just random tracks strung together, Ol' Blue Eyes compiled them based on a theme.   Here he provides uptempo numbers for young lovers who like to dance.

The cover shows our young couple in a close embrace focusing on each other.  In the background, Frank is staring wistfully off into the distance as if to be thinking 'Ah, young love.'





Something strange happened to the cover with the second pressing.  Sinatra is no longer staring into the distance.  He's a bit older and has already whipped his young lovers into an amorous frenzy.   

Now he wants to watch!   




No comments:

Post a Comment