What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, October 9, 2016

H is for Steve Hillage


Continuing on in this silly little game of mine.  

H is for Steve Hillage.

Lead guitar player from the psychedelic Cambridge (UK) scene band Gong.   I should probably say something about that band in a later post.  They deserve their own page.

This is his second solo album

Steve Hillage - L (Atlantic 1976)

Named after a slang term for LSD.  What we get is a wonderful psychedelic world music extravaganza.  Featuring covers of Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man and The Beatles' It's All Too Much.   Much weirdness with hot guitar.   Produced by Todd Rundgren and features his Utopia band.  Highly recommended.




No comments:

Post a Comment