What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, October 20, 2016

Jerry Lewis Just Sings


Jerry Lewis Just Sings (Decca 1958)

For some reason, this ended up in my father in law's collection.  Someone must have given it to him.  His taste skewered more towards Oscar Peterson.

Yes, Jerry sings.  How well is in the ear of the beholder.  I once put this on and a guest asked if I was playing Ethel Merman!


No joking.  These are straight renditions of standards.



The record is pressed on styrene rather than vinyl.  It's very brittle.  Styrene records can wear out quickly.  It's a good thing my father in law was not that fond of this one.  It wouldn't last very many  plays on a heavy tone armed player from the era.



No comments:

Post a Comment