What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, February 23, 2019

Hey! She's a My Birthday Too!

Say happy birthday to Duke Dunton, your humble webmaster.

I don't really have many birthday records.   Last year, I presented Steppenwolf at Your Birthday Party.  So this year I present....

The Idle Race - The Birthday Party (Parlophone 1968  (reissued 2014))


 

This band featured Jeff Lynne who later joined The Move, which morphed into ELO before reaching a career high of working with Olivia Newton John on Xanadu.

The music is your basic English Pysch Pop.  Think Penny Lane.

As seemed to be a trend started by Sgt Pepper, famous faces populate the birthday party.



Unlike Sgt Pepper, we get an answer key to show how hip the band really was.   The Beatles get their due.  They had already appeared on the cover of The Rolling Stones Satanic Majesties LP.


No comments:

Post a Comment