What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, June 20, 2019

Defaced Monkees


I probably would have passed on this as I have the album already.   Something caught my eye.   

The Monkees - Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones, LTD.   (Colgems 1967)

Their fourth album and third one of 1967.   One of their best.  I have an original stereo pressing.  So why pick up another copy?   Well, who doesn't love a little outsider art?


I'm not put off by writing on used records.   It tells you some of the contextual history.  Here (we assume) someone thought it would be a good idea to put faces on the previously faceless Monkees.  Joe was testing his name.  Am I Joe or Joey?    


As an extra added bonus, the record is an original mono pressing! The record is good shape and actually sounds better than my stereo copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment