What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, August 9, 2019

A Very Belated RIP Series Post - Tony Kinman


Those artists outside the mainstream rarely get a mention in the mainstream press when they pass.  Often I find out about their deaths from the UK music magazines.   I totally missed this one from about a year ago.  

Tony Kinman founded LA Punk band The Dils along with his brother Chip.  They next pioneered the 'cow-punk' genre with their band Rank and File.   Not to rest on their laurels or stick to one type of sound, the brothers later teamed up with a drum machine and called themselves Blackbird.

So here is a faithful reproduction on The Dils second single.

The Dils - 198 Seconds of The Dills (Dangerhouse 1977)







Enjoy the video......



No comments:

Post a Comment