What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, August 20, 2019

What Happens When You Set Out to Cut An Entire Record While Blazing on LSD?

That was the plan of George Clinton and Funkadelic when they set out to make their second album in 1970.  Can we pull the whole thing off while tripping through recording and mixing?

Funkadelic  - Free Your Mind...And Your Ass Will Follow (1970)


The album is awesome, funky, danceable and incoherent all at the same time.   Bernie Worrell (keyboards) and Eddie Hazel (guitar) dominate the sound.  Lots of phasing, panning and background yelling.  Should be played LOUD.

No comments:

Post a Comment