What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, September 3, 2015

Trippin with Ike & Tina


Ike & Tina Turner - Let Me Touch Your Mind (United Artists 1973)

One of the last great Ike & Tina albums before they split and Tina became an annoying pop singer.  Tina was still in her element as an earthy untrained powerhouse.  The slickness of her later records stripped her of this gift.

This album came out during the heyday of album packaging.  It's quite trippy, but not very functional.





The back features four pictures of Tina doing the 'I'm wearing glasses' thing.   Perhaps this is her way of silently protesting that Ike wouldn't let her buy a pair.



Functionality was not this cover's forte.  In order to get the record, you had to unfold the back like one of those paper fortune teller things that teenagers used to make.  My teenage daughter referred to them as 'cootie catchers.'


No comments:

Post a Comment