What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, September 21, 2015

Let's Twist Her


Bill Black was the bass player in Elvis' original band.  DJ, Scotty and Bill.  When he moved on, he formed a rockin' pop combo that put out a series of instrumental albums.  I found this one at a thrift store.  

Bill Black's Combo - Let's Twist Her (Hi 1962)

Since this was Bill Black record AND a twist record. I had to have it.  The cover and record were not in the best shape.  The record cleaned up real nice after my thrift store decontamination ritual.  Turns out this is one of the finest twist records I have.


Something kind of bothers me about the title.  It's not 'Let's Twist' as in let's dance.  It's not 'Let's Twist WITH Her' as in we'd like to dance with her.  It's  'Let's Twist Her.'  It somehow seems a bit more sinister.



No comments:

Post a Comment