What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Baseball Surprise

So I pulled out an album by Johnny Burnette and the Rock and Roll Trio.  Not the original release on Coral - which can sell for a few thousand dollars.



I don't own that one. I'm not THAT rich or lucky.



The one I have is a reissue on the San Francisco based label Solid Smoke.  I got it a few years ago on one of my many visits to the Bay Area of California.  Either Red Devil in San Rafael or Rasputin in Berkeley.


When I'm putting the thing away, I heard something shift in the cover.  I reached in and pulled out a 45.  I love it when that happens.

What I got was a San Francisco Giants themed song from 1978.  Be a Believer in Giants Fever by The Paid Attendance.  A disco song with player name drops and references to Candlestick Park.  It's on Home Run Records.


Since it's nearly October, the nation's attention turns to baseball.  No telling if the Giants will be part of it this year.  I'm sure every city with a baseball team has a 45 or two like this.  Our Los Angeles Dodgers got a legitimate release on Reprise.

I reported on that one last year:

Danny Kaye Los Angeles Dodgers





1 comment:

  1. i own the original Coral ‎– CRL 57080 paid close to $2000.00 for it about 5 years ago, though now i see them on ebay for less...go figure.

    ReplyDelete