What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, November 7, 2015

Patti Smith - My Generation

Patti Smith was held in high regard in the early punk scene.  Unlike many of her contemporaries, she still idolized her rock star heroes and wasn't shy about it.  This was a refreshing contrast to the other punks at the time who called the rock stars of the past 'dinosaurs.'   Her first single on a major label featured a live cover of The Who's My Generation.



 No longer hoping she dies before she gets old, the line was changed to 'I don't need this f**king s**t.'  When she performed the song on Saturday Night Live, it was changed to 'I don't need this censorship.'


Notice: "My Generation" contains language the might be considered objectionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment