What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, February 6, 2017

Bye Bye Bobby Vee

Recently we lost Bobby Vee.  Best known for the period where he was being marketed as a teenage idol, he was really a rocker at heart.   His first gig was filling in for Buddy Holly the day after his American Pie crash.

I don't have much of his catalog as I'm not a big fan of gushy love songs by guys with good haircuts.   Since I'm a big fan of The Ventures, I have this one.

Bobby Vee Meets the Ventures  (Liberty 1963).



Don't let the pastel cardigans fool you.  This record really rocks.




No comments:

Post a Comment