What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, February 16, 2017

Oh No, It's Yoko

Yoko Ono - Walking On Thin Ice b/w It Happened (Geffen 1981)

In my humble opinion, the best single of 1981.



This would be what the Lennon/Ono camp was doing the final mix on the night of Lennon's murder.  It really rocks.    Musicians include Tony Levin from King Crimson on Chapman stick.  Guitars are by Bowie's frequent sideman Earl Slick.  Production was by Jack Douglas, known at the time for his work with Aerosmith.


At the time, it seemed the world was finally coming around to Yoko's music.  Suddenly, everything was changed by a deranged individual.


The single went so far as to include an insert with the lyrics.  Not a common thing at the time.



Have a listen



No comments:

Post a Comment