What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, July 9, 2017

Plugz First 45

As the LA Punk Scene was getting underway in the later '70's, the major labels wouldn't take notice.  This led to bands releasing singles on their own or on local indie labels.

One of the earliest - if not the earliest - release was by The Plugz from East LA.

The Plugs - Move b/w Mindless Contentment/Let Go  (Slash 1978)



The single came in typical punk fashion - a printed piece of paper folded over to form a sleeve




This release came courtesy of Slash Records - which was an offshoot of a local fan magazine









The inside of the 'picture sleeve'




And there were stickers.







No comments:

Post a Comment