What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Library of Congress - In the Lobby

The lobby area is open to the public.  There is a theater showing treasures from the archives free of charge on the weekends.  The only item on display in the lobby is an old 78 player for visitors to enjoy.



A bin of '78's are there for your enjoyment.  Pick a record and put it on.  I played Bessie Smith among others.


In addition we have catalogs from various record companies.  Titles you can order from your dealer


The archive promised that all records in the bin are duplicates.   They have better copies in the archives underground.

Next post I'll take you inside to the part the public can't see.  Put on a jacket.  They keep it cold in there.

Lots of interesting things to say about film, but this is a record blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment