What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, September 16, 2017

The Library of Congress Audio Archives.

It lies about two hours west of Washington DC in the small town of Culpeper, Virginia.  

Built into the side of a mountain that used to house $3 billion in cash to jump start the economy in the event of a nuclear holocaust.    It's now used to store the film and audio archives of the Library of Congress



The official title is the Center for Audio and Visual Conservation.

Yours truly got a tour of the facility, not open to the public, through the connections of my wife Winnie Margate.  She was doing some work there and I got an in to see the archives first hand.  There are many posts to come where I will give you an exclusive look at the insides of the joint.


No comments:

Post a Comment