What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, December 9, 2018

Roxy Music Cover Models #4 - Country Life.

In slight variation to the cheesecake photos gracing the first three albums, the fourth takes a slightly different approach.

Roxy Music - Country Life (Polydor 1974)

This time out, the photo seems more like two women caught in the headlights.  A sharp contrast to the 'come hither' looks of the previous three.



In contrast to the other three albums, Bryan Ferry was not having an affair with the models.  These two are German tourists Ferry met while vacationing in Portugal.   Using a line he had the privilege of using often, he asked them to get undressed to model for the next Roxy Music album cover.  They obliged.   The two later assisted Ferry in the German portion of Bitter Sweet which opens side 2.


So shocking was the cover for Americans, the US version came wrapped in opaque green shrinkwrap with a sticker.



Later pressing removed the girls entirely only depicting the bushes.



No comments:

Post a Comment