What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, April 20, 2019

Other Records You WILL Enjoy #2 - Colgems

So we all know the Monkees were on Colgems - which was a joint venture between Columbia Pictures and Screen Gems - the studio behind the Monkees.

One side of the inner sleeve features all Monkees LP's released up to that point.


But they had other releases.  Mostly film soundtracks, but one rock group - The Lewis and Clarke Expidition.  I know nothing else about them other than that they were a real band.  We also get an LP by Sally Field.  A singer she's not.   She's gotten her Oscar and Tony, but I'm afraid she can't fly high enough for a Grammy.


No comments:

Post a Comment