What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, April 9, 2019

RIP Series - Jimmy Wilsey

Gee I'm getting tired of this.  I may not have time to complete my New Year's Eve playlist on 12/31/2019.

Jimmy Wilsey is best known to me as the bass player for San Francisco punk band The Avengers.   He's best known to the rest of the world as the guitarist in Chris Isaac's band.  That lingering reverb lead that made Wicked Game a hit belonged to Jimmy.

The Avenger's recorded output consisted of a few singles and EP's.  They're all compiled on this record.

The Avengers - Avengers (CD 1983)



The recordings come from 1977-1979.  Around this time, West Coast Punk was at its peak.  This was before hard core came on the scene from The South Bay and Orange County and ruined the scene.   The Avengers came down often from San Francisco to play Los Angeles.  It was a golden age that only really lasted for two and a half years.


No comments:

Post a Comment