What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, May 20, 2019

Flying Saucers - Serious Business

In the late '50's, flying saucers WERE serious business.   Many books were published claiming to be fact.  One of themost popular was by Frank Edwards.  Frank Edwards was an out of work radio personality.  When his book ' Flying Saucers - Serious Business' was a bestseller in 1966, the next logical step was to make a record.  

Frank Edwards - Flying Saucers - Serious Business (RCA 1966)

When I found this at a thrift store I was hoping for some theramin driven rock and roll.  Instead we get an old fashioned radio voice just talking.  No musical accompanyment or sound effects to be found anywhere.


No sure who would buy such a thing (I did, but probably not for the reasons they originally had hoped).   Perhaps for those who couldn't read?


This is the kind of record one would expect to finds on a small label - perhaps for sale at a gas station.  Why RCA got it I'll never know. 

Hey Nipper!  Don't look in there - watch the skies!


No comments:

Post a Comment