What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, May 6, 2019

Mort Sahl Signed

Often when watching a movie or TV show I find myself looking at the records in the background.  The game show wrong answer buzzer goes off in my head (sometimes audibly to the annoyance of those around me) when the label or pressing is not era appropriate. 

We watched 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.'  The art direction is dead on.   The records are too.  My wife's aunt was a patron of the East Village scene during the era depicted.  She held on to her records.  While downsizing, she gave her records to us knowing they'd have a good home.

Depicted in Mrs Maisel was this one.....

Mort Sahl - The Future Lies Ahead (Verve 1959)


And flipping it over,,,,,


Never was it mentioned that it was signed by Mort.   I'm used to seeing names written on records.  I never expect them to be by the artist.  Yes boys and girls, it's real.  The record owner was there at the time and place.  It compares to those auctioned online. 



No comments:

Post a Comment