What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, July 20, 2019

Captain Beefheart - Send it to Me

In 1968, Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band released their second LP

Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band - Strictly Personal (Blue Thumb 1968)

One of many albums at the time appearing like a letter.


The band was not happy with the release as the producer, Bob Krasnow, took his liberties with the mix.  Added phasing and blurring of the tracks were not blessed by artist.  The Captain has since disowned it.


At the time the band was searching for a new name.  One of the suggestions, Blue Thumb, was rejected by Krasnow.  When he launched his own record label, he called it Blue Thumb.  The release featured on this post is the first LP on the label (BTS1).

The pressing I purchased for the whopping sum of $2.99 is the original first pressing predating Blue Thumbs distribution deal with Capitol.



No comments:

Post a Comment