What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, July 6, 2019

RIP Series - Gary Duncan

Guitarist and vocalist for Quicksilver Messenger Service.

Quicksilver was a band on the San Francisco scene.  After the success of the Jefferson Airplane, the majors all signed their Bay Area bands.  Columbia got Big Brother, Santana and It's a Beautiful Day.  Warner Brothers got the Grateful Dead.  Capitol got Quicksilver and The Steve Miller Band.


Their first album is a classic of the era.  Often overshadowed by the Airplane and the Dead, it's arguably a better album than either of their debuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment