What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, July 16, 2019

McLemore Avenue


In 1969, The Beatles's Abbey Road was released with it's now iconic cover featuring the band crossing the street in front of the Abbey Road studios in London.  In 1970, Booker T and the MG's released an album covering the tracks.


Booker T and the MG's  - McLemore Avenue (Stax 1970)

Booker T and the MG's were the house band at Stax Records located on McLemore Avenue in Memphis.  It makes sense we get them crossing the street in front of the Stax studio in Memphis.


There's even a version of the back cover featuring a street sign.


As an extra added bonus - a gatefold.



No comments:

Post a Comment