What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, December 12, 2019

Austin Adventure

I recently had the pleasure of visiting Austin, Texas - one of my favorite cities.  I was accompanying my wife on a business trip.  I had the days to myself.  I have an office there and worked a day or two, but was on my own during for a few days.   I did what I always to when having free time in another city  - hit the record stores.  Austin is one of the best placed in the world for this.

I usually skip Waterloo as I get too overwhelmed.  My preference is a smaller curated store..

First stop - End of an Ear

They moved further south and now occupy a nondescript location with an ordinary sign and facade.





Next up - Antone's

The record store arm of the famous live music venue.


After evenings spent on Rainey Street, I hit Breakaway a few days later...


They recently expanded to the next storefront where they sell refurbished vintage audio.   On hand, they had the Technics I used on sale....



So here's my haul.  Too many for just one photo.







No comments:

Post a Comment