What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, January 25, 2020

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - It's About Time!

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is now letting in artists whose music would make your mom say - 'that's nice, play that again.' 

Whitney Houston anyone?  The only thing she has in common with rock and roll is dying like Jim Morrison in a bathtub. 

Rock an Roll is music that makes you rise out of your seat!  It annoys your parents!  It's loud!   It shocks!

They made one long overdue snub right this year at least.

T.Rex!



To most folks in the USA, they were a one hit wonder with Bang a Gong.   Not so in my book and in the rest of the world.  20th Century Boy, The Groover, Planet Queen, Life's a Gas, Children of the Revolution.  The list goes on.



So - while we're at it.  Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Eno, The MC5, The Pretty Things, Procol Harum, Gong, Iggy Pop (as a solo artist), Jerry Garcia (as a solo artist).  Gee - there are so many that deserve this over Whitney Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment