What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, January 28, 2020

RIP Series - Edward Byrnes

Not a Rock and Roll guy, but Edward Byrnes had a top ten single in 1959.

Edward Bynes and Connie Stevens - Kookie, Kookie (Lend me Your Comb)/You're the Top (Warner Brothers 1959) 


The back story - Edward Bynes played a character named Kookie - a parking lot attendant at a Sunset Strip office building  - in 77 Sunset Strip.   He had a hair fetish. 

Connie Stevens was also on the series who evidently didn't care about the hygenic issues of borrowing a comb from a parking lot attendant.  As any parent of school age children will tell you - don't let your kids use other kids combs.  Don't share hats either.  Bring your own kippah.  Lice are real, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment