What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, October 13, 2020

RIP Series: Keith Tippet

 Honestly don't know much about this guy other than his appearance on a few King Crimson records.

Most notably this one.

King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon (Atlantic 1970)



Keith Tippett played piano on this.  His style was original and jarring.  It's influence can clearly be herd in the piano solo in Bowie's Aladdin Sane.   

This record came out in 1970.  I personally haven't heard anything from Tippett since, but he did release records an perform until his death earlier this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment