What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Vote! And Where are the Campaign Songs!

At one time there were original campaign songs issued for presidential elections.  JFK had Frank Sinatra do one.    In 1964, Carol Channing performed a version of Hello Dolly! at a rally.  Ed Ames (Ames Brother, My Cup Runeth Over, The Indian on Daniel Boone, Expert Hatchet thrower on Johnny Carson) recorded it for the 45.

Ed Ames  - Hello Lyndon!  (1964)



Since then, Nixon did one (Nixon's the One).  It became a camp hit during Watergate.   Nobody has done is since save for a Thurston Moore one for Bernie Sanders.   I wish Trump would do one.  Perhaps performed by his untalented family.  I would buy one.  It could be a tax write off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment