What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A Song for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics


In 1984 the Olympics came to Los Angeles for the second time.  Predictions of constant gridlock didn't come to pass and we were blessed with the best traffic ever.

Frank Sinatra attempted to come up with the definitive LA anthem for the event.
   
So here we have the picture sleeve to Sinatra's LA is my Lady


Not to be outdone, annoying 'entertainer' Fred Travalena attempted one as well.  

Fred Travalena - LA's My Spot
.

It's not just his lady, it's his spot - whatever that means.  I found this at a thrift store amongst about 50 of them in mint condition.   His manager or distributor probably couldn't give them away so they were donated.

And here he is on a very '80's newscast talking about the song.  Check out the smog.  Those were the good old days.












No comments:

Post a Comment