What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Curious 45 of Bowie's Rebel Rebel

In 1974, David Bowie (Or just plain Bowie as he was calling himself that year) released Rebel Rebel on a 45 in the USA only.  

The single was a completely different version from the Diamond Dogs album.  It starts with the vocal rather than the guitar riff, has different lead and background vocals, different guitar parts, etc.


A curious thing happened with this one.  When Diamond Dogs was released, the track from the album began getting some airplay.  RCA replaced the version on the single with the version from the album.  They didn't bother to change the catalog number.  The only way one can tell which version you get is by checking the running time on the label.  

The original single version clocks in at 2:58.  The album version clocks in at 4:20.


Bowie  - Rebel Rebel b/w Lady Grinning Soul  (RCA 1974)



The B-Side was taken from 1973's Aladdin Sane








No comments:

Post a Comment