What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, March 21, 2015

Trip With the Ventures



One of my favorite sub sub genres of popular music is psychedelia by artists who have no business getting trippy.  

The Ventures were arguably the finest guitar oriented instrumental band ever.  They put out about six albums a year.  When musical tastes changed, The Ventures followed.  

I offer up this one.

The Ventures - Super Psychedelics  (Liberty 1967).


This features a trippy cover in line with Disreali Gears.  Prominently featured in the lower left is a marijuana leaf.








The photos on the inside gatefold feature The Ventures doing psychedelic things....

Playing jump rope with a pool lane line floaty thing.
Shooting pool.
Playing electric guitars not plugged in.
Shopping for new duds at Brooks Brothers.

and finally.

Walking abreast down the street like The Wild Bunch in cardigans and sport coats.







Alas, I don't have the booklet which promised a full color story of The Ventures.  I'm sure they must have done a lot more trippy activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment