What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, December 17, 2015

Merry Christmas from The Kinks


A mainstay of the music industry in the 50's and early 60's was the Christmas single.  Occasionally thereafter, one or two pop up.

One of the best of these is from The Kinks


The Kinks - Father Christmas b/w Prince of the Punks  (Arista 1977)










I'm quite fond of the B-Side which was never on an album.   A great little tune about a musician searching many genres of music before he found a niche as a punk rocker.

He couldn't handle modern jazz 'cause they played in difficult keys





No comments:

Post a Comment