What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas from NRBQ

The best bar band ever.

NRBQ (New Rhythm and Blues Quartet) wishes you a Merry Christmas



Tom got a new set of drums.  Joey got a stand up bass.  Big Al got a short scale guitar.  Terry got an accordion.

All kidding aside, they were a great band.  Whole lotta fun to see at a club.  Beer and NRBQ mix like scotch and water.  Used to see the at the Palomino in North Hollywood.  They had a small, but rabid following.




When their first drummer left the band, Tom Ardolino, one of those rabid fans, lobbied for the position.  He fell right in with them and was their drummer for a good 25 years.

Big Al Anderson left to become a session guy/songwriter in Nashville.

Joey Spaminato was on the short list to replace Bill Wyman in the Rolling Stones.  He's the bass player in the Chuck Berry doc Hail Hail Rock and Roll.

Terry Adams is continuing to gig under the name NRBQ with a set of new musicians.


No comments:

Post a Comment