What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, January 15, 2016

BOWIE - David Live and the Diamond Dogs Tour

I'm going Bowie-centric for a while.

First up, I give you David Live (RCA 1974)

The double-live album that functions as a transition rather than a way of re-selling the hits to those who already have them.




At the time, Bowie was still associated with glam and glitter.   The current release was Diamond Dogs which didn't stray too far in feel from his work with The Spiders From Mars.

The tour that followed sounded closer to the record he would be releasing next - Young Americans.  The subsequent live album offered up many of the same musicians.  The old hits were rendered with a Philly soul overlay.

I used to be in the habit of saving relevant items inside the album.  When going through this one, I discovered that I saved the free program from a show at the Universal Amphitheater in North Hollywood, CA.  I went September 4th and sat in Section 11 Row B.

Here's and attempt to photograph the whole thing.  Don't miss Seals and Crofts or Three Dog Night!








  Oh yeah, my wife had a Diamond Dog Tag






No comments:

Post a Comment